Ed Foreman Fact Sheet
ED FOREMAN…from a farm boy to a self-made millionaire by the age of 26 and a former United States Congressman from two different states, Texas and New Mexico.
Ed is not a “reporter”… he lives his message of health, wealth and happiness that is helping business leaders from around the world get more meaningful living out of life, reduce their levels of stress and anxiety, turn worry into success and have more fun! A dynamic business entrepreneur and active civic leader, Ed has developed numerous programs and products and persuasively “sells” the success formula he lives by.
One Association Executive says, “Listening to Ed Foreman speak is like trying to drink from a fire hose…he delivers so much useful, meaningful information with such enthusiasm…it is truly memorable, exciting and refreshing!”
Ed was “positively” featured on CBS News’ “60 Minutes.” In addition to his internationally popular 3-day SUCCESSFUL LIFE Course, Ed “tailors” presentations using his client’s terminology and themes to address specific areas of interest.
Ed Foreman holds the Council of Peers Award for Excellence (CPAE), the highest honor bestowed by the National Speakers Association, held by fewer than 100 people worldwide and is one of only eight people to receive the Distinguished Faculty Award of the Institute For Management Studies. He received a standing ovation in 2008 as he was honored with a â€śLegends of the Speaking Professionâ€ť Lifetime Achievement Award.
Ed has been featured in hundreds of magazines and newspaper articles, including “Portrait of Ed Foreman” in Dallas Magazine, and, more recently, “Isn’t Life Terrific?” in the July 2009 issue of Success Magazine.
Born on a farm in New Mexico, he is a civil engineering graduate of New Mexico State University, a motorcycle, sports car, and hot air balloon enthusiast, an outdoor adventurer, and an international traveler. Named one of the Ten Outstanding Young Men In America by the U. S. Jaycees in 1964, Ed Foreman has been a leader in executive development programs since 1960. He is a board member, officer, or major stockholder of a dozen successful corporations. He is co-founder, with Earlene Vining, and President of Executive Development Systems of Dallas, Texas.
Ed Foreman travels 200,000 miles a year with partner Earlene Vining, sharing his renowned message of “Successful Daily Living” with corporate executives around the world. Few speakers, if any, are better qualified to motivate, inspire and educate by their own example than Ed Foreman!
Ed Foreman Facts
- Edgar Franklin (Ed) Foreman was born on December 22, 1933 on a peanut farm in Portales, New Mexico.
- In 1955 he earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from New Mexico State University.
- He served in the United States Navy from 1956 to 1957.
- After that, he began working in the petroleum, oil, and gas businesses.
- By the time he was 26, Ed had become a millionaire. He was president of Valley Transit Mix, Atlas Land Co., and Foreman Oil, Inc.
- He then spent a year providing an office and a secretary so the IRS could investigate him and find out how he could make so much money, so fast, and do it honestly.
- Ed became concerned about the power and control of the Federal Government, so he decided to go to Washington and change the system. (Ed quips “That shows how much I knew about politics”)
- So by the time he was 28, he was elected to the United States House of Representatives from Texas.
- The U.S. Junior Chamber of Commerce named him one of the “Ten Outstanding Young Men In America”.
- Six years later, Ed was elected to the United States House of Representatives from New Mexico, making him the youngest man to be elected from New Mexico and the only man in the 20th century to be elected to Congress from two different states!
- Three years later he became Assistant Secretary of the Interior.
- Ed has been a close Advisor to five American presidents.
- He is a Board Member, Officer, or Major Stockholder of over a dozen corporations.
- He is co-founder, with Earlene Vining, and president of Executive Development Systems of Dallas.
- Early in 2006, Ed and his brother donated $1.5 million to the NMSU School of Engineering. Ed was quoted as saying “Chub and I are most fortunate. We had loving, hard-working parents who instilled in us the importance of a strong belief and responsibility to and for ourselves, our family, friends, and Christian principles. Although in the early days we didnâ€™t have a lot of material things, we were indeed rich. Over the last few years, weâ€™ve been able to accumulate a little money, and we are pleased to contribute, in whatever way possible, to help people grow.”
- In May 2008, Ed received an Honorary Doctorate of Letters degree from New Mexico State University, making him Dr. Ed Foreman.
- On August 23rd, 2008, Ed Foreman received a standing ovation as he was honored with a â€śLegends of the Speaking Professionâ€ť award at the 21st Veteran Speakers Retreat in Hagerstown, MD.