It’s Your Life – Make the Most of It!
by Ed Foreman, B.S., C.E., C.P.A.E.
Our life was meant to be enjoyed, not just endured…to be lived like a cavalry charge, not like a nude going through a barbed-wire fence!
- Recognize that the greatest power you have is the power to choose every day whether to have a good day or a bad day. No one, no event, not the weather, nothing can determine that for you, unless you let it!
- You don’t catch depression, nor do you catch happiness, you create one or the other, by the thoughts you put into your mind…by what you read, what you listen to and the people with whom you associate.
- Turn worry and stress into confidence and success by dwelling upon what you want to happen instead of what you don’t want to happen. Think about pleasent and/or challenging past events and experiences and how they have helped you to be where you are today.
- Give up the notion of trying to get even, by forgiving…DUMP the TRASH often! Not being able to forgive and indulging in hatred is like drinking a cup of poison and waiting for the other person to die. PAIN is inevitable, SUFFERING is optional…get over it and get on with your life!
- DISCIPLINE is “remembering” what you want…then acting “AS IF” it were a reality…ie., acting enthusiastic or courageous or happy or confident brings about the state of being.
- We change when the “pain to change” is less than the “pain to remain as we are”…i.e., action in the direction we desire to go improves our position.
Reprinted with permission from The Beehive, Volume 60